Your Trusted Local Provider for
Dental Needs in 33324
You want a healthy and happy smile. Optimal oral health contributes to your overall wellbeing.
Over the years, medical researchers and clinicians have recognized symbiotic links between oral health and numerous physical and emotional health conditions, such as:
- Osteoporosis – a condition involving bone loss, osteoporosis may also weaken the structure of the jawbone, leading to loss of teeth
- Diabetes – patients whose diabetic symptoms are not controlled may be at risk for infections and gum disease
- Respiratory ailments – excess bacteria in the mouth or gums may contribute to worsening breathing problems if aspirated into the lungs
- Stroke – patients who have suffered from stroke are at increased risk of oral infection. On the reverse side, patients with gum infection may have a higher susceptibility to experience a stroke
- Cardiac conditions – any inflammation, such as that which occurs with gum disease, may exacerbate heart disease symptoms or elevate the risk of developing cardiovascular disease
- Stress or anxiety – may produce oral concerns like mouth and jaw discomfort and cold sores. While these symptoms may be the result of a sinus infection, toothache, or gum disease, jaw pain can be a signal of a heart attack
- Acid reflux and eating disorders, particularly bulimia - the acids created by these conditions can erode tooth enamel and cause cracked lips, loss of enamel, sensitive teeth, dry mouth, and swollen salivary glands
- Halitosis – bad breath may be the result of dry mouth, food or drink, but may also signal an underlying concern such as liver or kidney disorders, lung infection, gastrointestinal issues, diabetes, or sinus infection
- Oral cancer – one of the most common forms of cancer, this condition can manifest through discolored tissues, change in bite, hard spots, sores, numbness, or lumps in the cheek, mouth, neck, and head
At Whole Life Dentistry, in Plantation, FL 33324, our dentist, Dr. Freddy Vallejo, believes in understanding the whole patient, from a medical and dental point of view. Our team’s emphasis is on early detection of changes occurring in each patient’s physical and oral health and prevention of diseases. Our comprehensive consultations and twice-annual oral health screenings can help maintain your total health and happiest smile.
Call us today at 954-382-0110
. Our office is located at 101 N. Pine Island Road, Plantation, FL 33324.
Back to Home Page
- General Dentist Plantation FL - Respected general dentist in Plantation, FL explains the connection between oral and overall health
- Cosmetic Dentist Plantation FL - Patients seek a respected cosmetic dentist in Plantation, FL who can restore youthful looking appearances
- Family Dentist Plantation FL - Residents seek a caring family dentist in Plantation, FL who provides excellent preventive care
- Dentist Near Plantation, FL - Patients in Plantation, FL ask, "Which dentist near me offers orthodontics and Invisalign?"
- 33324 Dentist - Dentist in Plantation, FL 33324 understands link between physical and dental health
- Dentist in Plantation, FL - Dentist in Plantation, FL offers comprehensive array of dental care and orthodontics
- Dentistry Services in Plantation, FL - Dentistry services in Plantation, FL, focus on prevention