Botox® and dermal fillers are safe, simple injectable treatments, which can dramatically reduce the signs of facial aging.
These products are an excellent complement to cosmetic dentistry, because many people do not want their youthful new smiles framed by wrinkles. However, this service is available to all patients, even if you are not seeking cosmetic dental treatment. After all, who wouldn't appreciate fewer wrinkles and a more youthful face?
With these treatments, as with cosmetic dental work, our goal is always a beautiful, youthful, and completely natural appearance.
We recognize that you do not want to look fake, nor do you want to look like someone else. You simply want to look your best, and these treatments are an excellent way to refine, enhance, and maintain your natural beauty and youthfulness.
A dermal filler is a gel or liquid, which is injected into the skin to add volume.
There are various formulas, and the best choice depends on the treatment area and the desired results. Most often, we use Restylane for fine contouring and shallow wrinkles. Perlane, a thicker formula, is typically used for deep wrinkles and areas needing a significant amount of volume. Both of these products are formulated with hyaluronic acid, a biocompatible material that naturally occurs in the human body.
Fillers can be used for:
- Lip augmentation or shaping
- Plumping cheeks, or correcting hollow cheeks
- Wrinkles and folds, especially around the mouth, such as smile lines, and jowls
- Other wrinkles and folds, particularly on the lower portion of the face
Botox® is also an injectable wrinkle treatment,
but it works in a very different way. Although loss of facial volume is one of the best-known causes of wrinkles, it is far from the only one. Certain wrinkles, usually those in the eye area, are caused by muscle rigidity. After years of contracting the same muscles repeatedly while forming expressions such as frowning or squinting, those muscles begin to harden. Botox® interrupts the overactive nerve signals, allowing the muscle to relax.
Botox® is typically used for:
- Crow's feet
- Forehead lines
- Vertical lines between the eyes (11s)
- Other lines and wrinkles, especially on the upper portion of the face
Botox® and dermal fillers are not permanent, but they can last for six months or longer.
The results can easily be maintained with simple touch-ups occasionally. If you would like to learn more about the many ways that we can help you look and feel your best, call WholeLife Dentistry by Dr. Vallejo at 954-382-0110
and schedule an appointment.
- Restylane Plantation FL - Plantation, FL patients can turn back the hands of time with dermal fillers like Restylane
- Restylane Botox Plantation - Botox and Restylane can help residents near Plantation refresh their appearance