Our Plantation Dental Implant Dentists Tell
You What to Expect
Patients who want to address missing teeth with restorative procedures can greatly benefit from all that dental implants have to offer. Dental implants are more durable, successful, and long lasting than dental bridges or dentures.
Dental implants are composted of titanium posts that are biocompatible with the body. Dr. Vallejo will surgically place the posts in the bone of the jaw. Many patients ask us about the entire implant process.
Dr. Vallejo will visit with all dental implant candidates for a comprehensive evaluation. In order to receive dental implants, patients must have sufficient bone structure and a healthy mouth. CT scans and X-rays will be taken. If necessary, bone grafts can be done prior to implants to help stabilize the jaw structure.
The implant procedure
Patients will be anesthetized for the dental implant treatment. Dr. Vallejo will drill a hole into the jaw where the implant will be placed. A temporary crown will be placed to allow the implant time to heal and for osseointegration to begin. This process, which can take several months, consists of bone growth around the implant to keep it strong and in place. Once osseointegration is complete, patients will come back to the office for removal of the temporary crown and placement of their permanent crown. Patients may also opt to leave the implant under the gum tissue until it becomes part of the bone. Dr. Vallejo will help determine what course of treatment is right for you.
Patients will be left with a fully functional and restored smile after their procedure. Patients can expect to return to normal daily activities within 24 hours post treatment. Post-procedure medications may need to be prescribed on an as-needed basis. Dental implants require no special care besides proper brushing and flossing. Occasionally dental crowns can become cracked or chipped and may need to be replaced. If this happens, the implant is typically unaffected.
If you want to rejuvenate your smile, call Dr. Vallejo today to learn more about dental implants. He and his team are committed to helping patients have beautiful smiles.
Back To Dental Implants Home Page
- Dental Implant Dentist Plantation - Plantation, FL area specialist explains dental implants
- Dental Implant Specialist Plantation FL - Solutions from a dental implant specialist in Plantation, FL
- Solution for Teeth Loss Plantation FL - Dental implants are a beautiful solution for loss of teeth in Plantation, FL area patients
- Dental Implant Treatment Plantation FL - Dental implant treatment in Plantation, FL can improve your life
- Dental Implants for Missing Teeth at Plantation, FL - Dental implants can provide lifelong results for Plantation, FL patients
- Dental Implants in Plantation FL - Dental implants can provide lifelong results for patients in Plantation, FL