Missing Teeth? See How Dental Implants and
Other Options can Help
Everyone thinks it is adorable when a child is missing teeth and flashes a semi-gummy grin. Unfortunately, the reaction is not the same for an adult. In actuality, adult tooth loss is not only embarrassing; it can also be detrimental to the health of your mouth. If you are missing teeth, dental implants may be the best solution to renew your smile.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are placed into a patient's jawbone. They are fitted on top with a dental crown or denture. The result is a completely natural looking smile that functions and feels like your regular teeth.
What really sets dental implants apart from other restorations is the connection to the jawbone. Other dental restorations sit on top of the gums, while dental implants become part of the bone structure, just like a regular root. This provides a stable restoration that can withstand the force of biting and chewing. Dental implants are as strong as natural teeth.
Why do I need dental implants?
Missing teeth are not just an aesthetic problem. Gaps in the smile can allow adjacent teeth to shift out of place, affecting the bite. In addition, bone loss can begin to occur around the site of the missing tooth. Other restorations may fill in that gap, but can still allow bone loss. Dental implants preserve the smile and the bone.
The dental implant process
Dental implants require multiple appointments. During the first appointment, the implant is surgically placed into the jawbone. This is done with the aid of local anesthesia. Once in place, the implant is left to heal while the jawbone fuses to it. This process is important because it's what gives the implant its permanent stability. After the implant has healed, the patient can come back to the office to have the abutment and restoration placed on top.
The entire process can take up to six months to complete. During your evaluation, Dr. Vallejo will be able to give you an idea of the steps required for your individual situation.
If you are in the Plantation, FL area and have missing teeth, call today to schedule your appointment.
Back To Dental Implants Home Page
- Dental Implant Dentist Plantation - Plantation, FL area specialist explains dental implants
- Dental Implant Specialist Plantation FL - Solutions from a dental implant specialist in Plantation, FL
- Solution for Teeth Loss Plantation FL - Dental implants are a beautiful solution for loss of teeth in Plantation, FL area patients
- Dental Implant Treatment Plantation FL - Dental implant treatment in Plantation, FL can improve your life
- Dental Implants for Missing Teeth at Plantation, FL - Dental implants can provide lifelong results for Plantation, FL patients
- Dental Implants in Plantation FL - Dental implants can provide lifelong results for patients in Plantation, FL