Dental implants, whether used to replace a single missing tooth or an entire arch, have a wide variety of benefits. They are versatile, permanent, and stable, allowing patients to enjoy all of the beauty and functionality of natural teeth.
Compared to other dental restorations that sit on top of the gums, dental implants involve replacement of the missing tooth root. This process allows the implant to provide a stable support structure for a restoration, similar to that of a natural root. After receiving dental implants, patients can have confidence biting, chewing, and speaking with complete ease. Gone are the days of worrying about embarrassment from having your dentures slip out of place.
Candidates for dental implants will need to have stable and healthy bone structure in order for the procedure to be successful. During an evaluation appointment, Dr. Vallejo will examine the mouth to assess the health of gum tissue and the jawbone. If there is gum disease, it will need to be treated prior to implant surgery. For patients who have experienced bone loss, there are still options. In some cases, a bone graft can be done to restore stability to the bone and allow patients to receive implants.
Maintaining a proper oral hygiene routine is vital to the success and longevity of dental implants. The gum tissue needs to remain healthy to prevent inflammation or infection, which can put the restoration at risk. Bacteria that are left on the teeth and gums after eating can lead to gum disease if not properly cleaned.
Cleaning your dental implants is as simple as cleaning natural teeth. A non-abrasive along with a soft bristled toothbrush is recommended. Brushing and flossing at least twice each day along with regular dental visits can help ensure that your mouth stays healthy and your implants are preserved long term.
At Whole Life Dental in Plantation, FL, we focus on helping our patients maintain a healthy mouth for life. In addition to dental implants, we offer a variety of restorative, cosmetic, and preventative services to meet the needs of our patients. To learn more, contact us today at 954-382-0110
to schedule a consultation visit.
Back To Dental Implants Home Page
- Dental Implant Dentist Plantation - Plantation, FL area specialist explains dental implants
- Dental Implant Specialist Plantation FL - Solutions from a dental implant specialist in Plantation, FL
- Solution for Teeth Loss Plantation FL - Dental implants are a beautiful solution for loss of teeth in Plantation, FL area patients
- Dental Implant Treatment Plantation FL - Dental implant treatment in Plantation, FL can improve your life
- Dental Implants for Missing Teeth at Plantation, FL - Dental implants can provide lifelong results for Plantation, FL patients
- Dental Implants in Plantation FL - Dental implants can provide lifelong results for patients in Plantation, FL