- It is an infection of the tissues that surround and support your teeth
- It is a major cause of tooth loss in adults
- We want to help you eliminate oral disease
"Always a good experience going to Dr. Vallejo's office. Staff is very friendly, helpful and professional."
~ Nancy F.
When you visit WholeLife Dentistry by Dr. Vallejo, a periodontal evaluation is a standard part of our complete oral examination. We check for the presence or possibility of gum (periodontal) disease, and counsel you about prevention or treatment techniques. We offer a variety of effective, non-surgical solutions for patients with gum disease.
Risks of gum disease
We have long known that gum disease can destroy your oral health. It begins with infected gum tissue, which becomes inflamed and pulls away from the teeth. As pockets form, the infection spreads deeper until it reaches the jawbone. Without treatment, it can lead to tooth loss.
Today, there is abundant evidence that the health risks of gum disease extend far beyond the mouth. Research has shown a link between gum disease and:
- Heart disease
- Respiratory disease
- Low birth weight and pre-term babies
- Many more
Gum disease treatment
Deep cleaning by our highly trained hygienists is one of the first lines of defense, and it is often coupled with ARESTIN® antibiotic treatment. It is placed in the pockets that form between gums and teeth, and it has time-release action, continuing to kill bacteria for many days.
Often, a more complex case will be treated with a series of six visits. This is a more comprehensive regimen than the series of three treatments that many dental offices use. Research indicates that more cleaning and treatment of the gum tissue can lead to a more rapid recovery.
We treat one quadrant per appointment, and evaluate the progress of the other quadrants. This allows us to monitor your healing very closely, and adjust treatment as needed for optimal results. In most cases, appointments are scheduled two weeks apart. On rare occasion, surgical treatment may be needed, but we try very hard to avoid that.
We are your partners in oral health for life. We want to help you eliminate oral disease, and enjoy a dazzling, healthy smile every day. Please call our office at 954-382-0110
and schedule a consultation today.
- Periodontal Disease Plantation FL - Dental care tips that can help Plantation, FL area patients prevent periodontal disease
- Preventing Gum Disease Plantation FL - Preventing gum disease in Plantation, FL through proper oral hygiene and dental care
- Eliminate Oral Disease Plantation, FL - Good oral hygiene and treatment can help eliminate gum disease for Plantation, FL area patients
- Gum Disease in Plantation FL - Dentist in Plantation, FL gives patients tips for avoiding gum disease