Invisalign Braces in Plantation, FL:
The Benefits and Results
If you are over the age of 17 and have misaligned or crooked teeth, chances are you’ve dismissed the idea of straightening them with the help of traditional braces. The simple fact is that braces are looked upon as a completely normal rite of passage for teenagers, yet are often not as widely accepted for adults. Certain personal or professional relationships may make it hard for patients to commit to several years of wearing braces. The good news is there are alternatives to traditional braces that can address imperfections in the smile. Invisalign from Dr. Vallejo, your Plantation, FL area dentist is the clear alternative to metal braces.
The advantages include:
Invisalign uses a system of clear, BPA-free plastic aligner trays to shift the teeth gradually into proper alignment. These clear trays are virtually indistinguishable in the mouth, making the treatment discreet.
Perhaps one of the biggest advantages of Invisalign is that they are removable. This makes it extremely easy to keep the trays and your teeth and gums clean. With traditional braces, food particles can easily become trapped in the brackets and be difficult to remove.
If your child, or someone you know, has worn braces, you are familiar with the long list of “off-limit” foods. They usually include some favorites like popcorn, taffy, hard candy, etc. With Invisalign, you are free to enjoy treats like that in moderation. Simply remove the trays to enjoy food and make sure to clean your teeth before putting them back on.
Traditional braces with metal brackets and wires can cause irritation and sores in the mouth. They can also be uncomfortable after regularly scheduled tightening appointments. The smooth plastic aligner trays fit comfortably within the mouth, eliminating irritation. With each set of new trays, you may feel some tightness for the first day or two, but after that, it will go away.
If you are tired of crooked teeth and are ready to learn more about Invisalign, call our office today to schedule a consultation. We’re happy to answer your questions and determine if Invisalign is right for you.
Back to Orthodontics / Invisalign Home Page
- Invisalign Dentist Plantation - Plantation, FL dentist discusses Invisalign: discreet orthodontia for adults
- Invisalign Clear Braces Plantation - Why you should choose Invisalign Clear Aligners in Plantation
- Invisalign Orthodontist Plantation FL - Plantation, FL residents ask the orthodontist, “What are the advantages of Invisalign clear aligners?”
- Braces Plantation FL - Who in Plantation, FL is an appropriate candidate for Invisalign braces?
- Invisalign Plantation FL - Plantation, FL area patients ask, "What are the benefits of Invisalign braces?"
- Orthodontic Treatment Plantation, FL - The benefits of Invisalign orthodontic treatment for Plantation, FL area patients