The Benefits and Cost Savings of
IV Sedation Dentistry
Many factors come into play when picking a dental provider. Patients may opt for convenient hours, a location near their home or office, and a friendly atmosphere. For patients who deal with dental anxiety or phobia, there is another important factor: patient comfort. While a highly trained and experienced staff is of the utmost importance, feeling relaxed and comfortable in the dental chair is also a major part of dental care. At Whole Life Dentistry, we want our patients to feel at home when they are under our care. It is because of this belief that we offer IV sedation as an option to help our patients receive the care they need and deserve.
Sedation dentistry has many benefits, one of the most talked about being the ability to help anxiety-ridden patients. Sedation dentistry is also chosen by many patients for reasons beyond emotional comfort. They include:
To reduce the number of appointments
Many patients facing multiple dental procedures may opt for IV sedation. Long appointments can often cause patient fatigue. Patients may feel restless, claustrophobic, or even impatient waiting for the hours to pass. IV sedation works to relax the body and the mind. Patients are able to have multiple procedures because they are unaware of the passage of time. IV sedation can also aid in faster recovery times because the muscles of the face and body are relaxed.
To reduce the natural response to stimuli
It is natural for patients to respond physically to dental work. IV Sedation drastically minimizes involuntary movements, including reducing a gag reflex. This allows the dentist to give undivided attention to the procedure and complete it in the most efficient way.
Dr. Vallejo and the team at Whole Life Dentistry in Plantation, FL believe in focusing on a positive patient experience. We offer comprehensive care that includes preventative, restorative, and cosmetic dental services that focus on improving the health and appearance of the smile. By including sedation options, we are able to help our patients relax both physically and emotionally while in our office. If you are interested in finding out more about the benefits of IV sedation, please call us today to schedule an appointment.
Back to IV Sedation Home Page
- Sedation Dentistry Plantation - Plantation, FL patients ask, “What are the facts on IV sedation dentistry?”
- Customizable IV Sedation at Plantation FL - IV Sedation offers customizable levels of sedation for patients in Plantation, FL
- IV Sedation Dentistry Plantation FL - IV Sedation dentistry can take the fear out of dental work for Plantation, FL area residents
- IV Sedation Treatment at Plantation FL - Plantation, FL area dentist discusses how IV sedation can help patients at the dental office
- IV Sedation at Plantation, FL - IV Sedation at Plantation, FL dentist helps reduce the stress of dental procedures