Sedation Dentistry and IV Sedation Dentistry at WholeLife Dentistry
- Helps anxious or fearful patients to relax
- Improves the experience during lengthy or complex procedures
Dental sedation is an important aspect of our practice, enabling us to deliver the high quality of care that we are committed to. Although it is only needed in select cases, it can improve the patient's experience during lengthy or complex procedures, as well as making the difference between fear and relaxation for anxious patients. We do not believe that dentistry should be painful, stressful, or unpleasant for anyone.
Dental fear is a common problem, and it can have serious oral health implications because people tend to postpone or avoid dental care. IV sedation can be especially helpful, because it is very customizable and the dose can be adjusted at any time. Even high-fear patients are able to relax,
and they often have little if any memory of the appointment.
What to expect
Dr. Vallejo is trained and properly licensed to administer dental sedation
and he has an extensive background in medicine. Your medical history, current medications, allergies, and other factors will be reviewed prior to recommending sedation. Although most adults are good candidates, there are occasional exceptions. The best sedative and the optimal dosage will vary from one person to the next.
You will need to arrange transportation
, because you will be unable to drive until the sedative has worn off. The procedure will not begin until you are adequately sedated and comfortable. Once the procedure begins, if you feel any discomfort, the dosage can be increased. You should feel no stress or pain during the procedure. In fact, many people are surprised when they hear Dr. Vallejo say that he is done, because they did not realize he had even started!
Benefits of IV sedation
This is a great option for:
- Anxious or fearful patients
- People undergoing complex or lengthy treatments
- Anyone with claustrophobia, strong gag reflex, involuntary muscle movement, or other problems that make dental care challenging or uncomfortable
If you find dentistry stressful or uncomfortable, let us introduce you to a new level of dental care. Call 954-382-0110
and arrange your consultation with WholeLife Dentistry by Dr. Vallejo today.
- Sedation Dentistry Plantation - Plantation, FL patients ask, “What are the facts on IV sedation dentistry?”
- Customizable IV Sedation at Plantation FL - IV Sedation offers customizable levels of sedation for patients in Plantation, FL
- IV Sedation Dentistry Plantation FL - IV Sedation dentistry can take the fear out of dental work for Plantation, FL area residents
- IV Sedation Treatment at Plantation FL - Plantation, FL area dentist discusses how IV sedation can help patients at the dental office
- IV Sedation at Plantation, FL - IV Sedation at Plantation, FL dentist helps reduce the stress of dental procedures