Where to Find Teeth Loss Solutions in Plantation, FL
solution for loss of teeth in Plantation, FL area patients
Chances are you’ve heard of dental implants as a new and innovative solution for tooth loss. What you may not know is that there is evidence of various archaic forms of dental implants all the way back in early civilizations. Ancient implants were often crafted from shells and other materials that were found naturally. Today, dental implants are made of titanium, which is a material that is often used in many orthopedic procedures.
Modern dental implants are designed to resemble the natural tooth structure. The titanium implant will fuse with the jawbone, creating a sturdy foundation for proper functionality. Once the implant has become part of the bone structure, it can be completed with a dental prosthetic such as a crown, bridge, or dentures.
When any patient experiences tooth loss, the first thing we recommend is a thorough consultation and examination. During this appointment, we will evaluate oral health and make sure there are no signs of gum disease or decay. For patients who have had gum disease, we evaluate the jawbone to make sure it is sufficient to support implants. For some, bone and soft tissue grafts may be necessary prior to the implant process.
Once you are determined to be a proper candidate for implants, you can schedule the procedure. Dr. Vallejo will make sure the area is anesthetized to eliminate any discomfort. Some patients opt for sedation as well. We will discuss all of these options with you during your consultation. Once numbed, Dr. Vallejo will place the post into the jawbone. It is then left there over the next few months to fuse with the jawbone. After the implant has fully fused, you will return to the office for placement of the final restoration on top of the implant.
Tooth loss can be a devastating occurrence, but the good news is there are solutions that can give you all of the functionality and beauty of your natural teeth. If you are in Plantation, FL or the surrounding communities, call us today to schedule a consultation and learn how you can have your smile back.
Back To Dental Implants Home Page
- Dental Implant Dentist Plantation - Plantation, FL area specialist explains dental implants
- Dental Implant Specialist Plantation FL - Solutions from a dental implant specialist in Plantation, FL
- Solution for Teeth Loss Plantation FL - Dental implants are a beautiful solution for loss of teeth in Plantation, FL area patients
- Dental Implant Treatment Plantation FL - Dental implant treatment in Plantation, FL can improve your life
- Dental Implants for Missing Teeth at Plantation, FL - Dental implants can provide lifelong results for Plantation, FL patients
- Dental Implants in Plantation FL - Dental implants can provide lifelong results for patients in Plantation, FL