Today, dental technology has made tremendous advances in making most dental procedures practically pain-free. Even so, some patients still have dental anxiety that prevents them from keeping their regular appointments with the dentist. At Whole Life Dental, part of our mission is to provide patients with excellent care in an environment where they feel calm, comfortable, and relaxed. One of the ways we do this is by offering sedation dentistry. With sedation dentistry, our patients can rest easy in the knowledge that their experience will be completely stress-free.
Dental anxiety is not always a fear of pain. Some patients simply have a fear of the unknown and are worried about hours spent in the dentist’s chair. Others have issues with the sights, sounds, or smells of a dental office. There are even patients who have overactive gag reflexes that they fear will embarrass them. No matter what the cause of your anxiety, our team can help you overcome it.
Customizable IV Sedation
IV sedation, as the name suggests, is a medication that is administered intravenously. Under IV sedation, patients are still conscious and able to follow simple directions; however, they are relatively unaware of their surroundings or the passage of time.
The sedative is administered into the blood, which means that the effects of IV Sedation are felt almost immediately. Most patients say that it’s like drifting off to sleep. After the procedure, there will be little, if any, memory of the procedure.
The level of medication administered through the IV can be controlled at all times during the procedure to make sure that you are receiving the proper amount of medication.
Sedation dentistry helps many patients in the Plantation, FL area take back control of their oral health. Once patients are able to restore oral health with the help of IV sedation, they are more likely to maintain regular dental care. IV Sedation is versatile and can make a huge difference in the life of patients.
At Whole Life Dental, we offer a wide array of preventive, restorative, and cosmetic solutions for our patients. If you’d like to learn more about IV sedation or other services, please call us to set up your appointment.
Back to IV Sedation Home Page
- Sedation Dentistry Plantation - Plantation, FL patients ask, “What are the facts on IV sedation dentistry?”
- Customizable IV Sedation at Plantation FL - IV Sedation offers customizable levels of sedation for patients in Plantation, FL
- IV Sedation Dentistry Plantation FL - IV Sedation dentistry can take the fear out of dental work for Plantation, FL area residents
- IV Sedation Treatment at Plantation FL - Plantation, FL area dentist discusses how IV sedation can help patients at the dental office
- IV Sedation at Plantation, FL - IV Sedation at Plantation, FL dentist helps reduce the stress of dental procedures