IV Sedation Denstistry: Get the Dental
Treatment You Need in Comfort
If you find yourself actively avoiding the dentist out of fear, you may have dental anxiety. Many people out there would rather live in pain with a toothache than make an appointment with the dentist. Some even skip their general visits because of this fear. Dental anxiety can have a number of causes. Some are traumatized by a previous experience. Luckily, modern technology has made it possible for all dental procedures to be comfortable for the patient. That being said, we do offer dental sedation to help patients who have anxiety.
IV sedation is a safe and effective method to allow patients to feel comfortable about dental appointments. Some of the benefits of IV sedation include:
- Ultimate relaxation. During IV sedation, the patient is generally awake and able to follow commands or answer questions, but will likely have no memory of the appointment. It's a deep state of relaxation and patients will not feel anything.
- Customizable. IV sedation can be controlled during the procedure. If for some reason, the procedure goes longer than planned, the dentist can make sure you continue to receive the medication.
IV sedation can also benefit patients who are facing lengthy or multiple procedures as well as those who have a sensitive gag reflex.
One of the biggest benefits of IV sedation is that it gets you back into the dentist's office. By receiving the care you need, and by replacing negative experiences with positive ones, over time you may overcome your dental fear. Additionally, your oral health will be greatly improved by receiving regular dental care.
Any patient who opts for IV sedation will need to arrange for transportation to and from the office. The effects of the medication can last for several hours, making it unsafe to drive. The best thing to do is go home and rest for the day. If you begin to feel any discomfort after the effects of the sedation wear off, it can be handled with over the counter or prescribed pain medication.
If you haven't been to the dentist in a while, call us today and find out how IV sedation can change that.
Back to IV Sedation Home Page
- Sedation Dentistry Plantation - Plantation, FL patients ask, “What are the facts on IV sedation dentistry?”
- Customizable IV Sedation at Plantation FL - IV Sedation offers customizable levels of sedation for patients in Plantation, FL
- IV Sedation Dentistry Plantation FL - IV Sedation dentistry can take the fear out of dental work for Plantation, FL area residents
- IV Sedation Treatment at Plantation FL - Plantation, FL area dentist discusses how IV sedation can help patients at the dental office
- IV Sedation at Plantation, FL - IV Sedation at Plantation, FL dentist helps reduce the stress of dental procedures