Sedation Dentistry: Get the Facts from
WholeLife Dentistry in Plantation, FL
Countless people avoid visiting the dentist’s office out of fear. Perhaps the memory of a painful experience at the dentist as a child has carried over into adulthood. Maybe you are facing lengthy procedures and you are concerned about the amount of time spent in the chair. No matter where your fear stems from, Dr. Vallejo offers IV sedation to help you have a calm and peaceful dental experience.
Are you a candidate for sedation dentistry?
People who have experienced the following may be candidates for sedation dentistry:
- Low pain threshold
- Strong gag reflex
- Facing extensive dental procedures
- Previous traumatic dental experiences
- Sensitive teeth
- A fear of noises or smells associated with the dentist office
To find out if you are a candidate for sedation dentistry, Dr. Vallejo will first conduct an initial consultation. During this appointment, any dental issues will be discussed along with your medical history. If you are qualified candidate for sedation, he will go over the recommended treatment plan and explain which sedation techniques he believes are best suited for your unique situation.
In IV sedation, you will receive the sedative intravenously, which allows the effects of the medication to work rapidly. You will be required to have someone with you on the day of your procedure.
How it works:
Upon arrival, you will be escorted to the dental chair and covered with a warm blanket to help keep you comfortable. In addition to placing the IV, we will hook you up to monitors to watch your heart rate, breathing, blood pressure, and blood oxygen levels. Most patients report feelings of deep relaxation that causes them to close their eyes and drift off to sleep. You will be conscious, but will have little to no memory of the procedure.
Dr. Vallejo believes patient comfort is one of the most important ways to ensure people maintain regular dental visits. By offering various methods of sedation, anxiety no longer has to get in the way of oral health. Call our office today to schedule a consultation and find out if sedation dentistry is right for you
Back to IV Sedation Home Page
- Sedation Dentistry Plantation - Plantation, FL patients ask, “What are the facts on IV sedation dentistry?”
- Customizable IV Sedation at Plantation FL - IV Sedation offers customizable levels of sedation for patients in Plantation, FL
- IV Sedation Dentistry Plantation FL - IV Sedation dentistry can take the fear out of dental work for Plantation, FL area residents
- IV Sedation Treatment at Plantation FL - Plantation, FL area dentist discusses how IV sedation can help patients at the dental office
- IV Sedation at Plantation, FL - IV Sedation at Plantation, FL dentist helps reduce the stress of dental procedures